Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation Bible School

We just concluded our Vacation Bible School last night. It was a very good four days, with attendances being 24, 32, 35 and 28. All in all, there were 39 differenct children who attended.
Here is a poem I wrote last night in thanks to all who contributed in any way towards making our VBS a success.
On my first day spent in eternity
My Savior asked, “What brought you to Me?”
I closed my eyes and thought for awhile
On my journey just taken mile after mile

Images flashed into my mind
Of loving arms and faces so kind
I saw myself with children at play
And hearing of God and learning His way

I saw small hands with crayons and books
And paint brushes, glue sticks, buttons and hooks
I saw Bible stories colored with pride
And heard all the children laughing outside

And oh, what a noise filled my heart with such joy
As I recalled the sweet singing of each girl and each boy
I heard their glad voices reach up to the sky
In songs of such praise to their Savior on high

And then as I turned a table was spread
With cookies and candy and sweet gingerbread
And cupcakes and crackers and wafers to eat
With lemonade, tea and punch oh, so sweet!

I knew then the answer to say
To my Savior on that glorious day
“’Twas strangers, Lord, that brought me to You
“When I was a child, and no more than two

“They took the time to fill my day
“With knowledge of a better way
“And year by year as I grew up
“I learned to drink of that same cup

“’Twas love I felt, and love I knew
“From people who were filled with You
“They took the time to teach Your love
“And that is why I’m here above!”

“Yes, My child, you have spoken true
“It was My love that brought you through!”
So do not doubt the good that’s done
By bringing children to the Son!

No comments: